aurinka offers a product design assessment aimed at helping companies to innovate and enhance the competitiveness of their products.
Aurinka provides advise on the different stages of the development and implementation of a new product:
- Analysis and market trends
- 3D modeling (CAD)
- Photorealistic Rendering (Computer Graphics)
- Development of 3D proposals (CAE)
- Building models and prototypes
- Analysis of materials, processes and finished product
- Manufacture process monitoring
- Management of patents and utility models
According to current regulations the PV module, LABELas an electrical product, must meet the safety requirements and applicable regulations for international trading, maketing and installation. Aurinka integrally manages the product certification according to the market regulation (IEC, UL, …)
EN IEC 61215/EN IEC 61730
(Certification for the European Market)
The following section describe the actions performed by Aurinka team to facilitate obtaining the EN IEC 61215 and EN IEC 61730 product and safety certifications for the corresponding PV module families:
- Definition and preparation of technical specifications for each of the families of the PV modules to certify
- Definition of the Bill Of Materials to be used for each PV module family
- Contact with accredited laboratories requesting quotation for the design certification and type approval of PV module family according to the corresponding standards
- Offer evaluation and execution of the order
- Manufacturing planning of module samples to be certified, including:
- Resources definition
- Procurement and purchasing of materials
- Definition of timetable and milestones of samples manufacturing and internal testing
- Definition and optimization of manufacturing processes
- Definition of internal quality controls and establishment of acceptance/rejection criteria
- Definition of labeling, traceability and identification of the product
- Manufacturing of sample modules/laminates according to the offer
- Inspection and selection of the sample modules/laminates to certify
- Internal testing and stabilization of the sample modules/laminates prior to shipment to the laboratory
- Packing and shipment of samples to the external laboratory
- Preparation and submission of the required technical documentation to the laboratory (technical drawings, module protection concept definition, technical specifications and data sheets of family modules and materials, description of production processes and quality controls, user manual and mounting instructions,etc.)
- Preparation for the factory inspection
(Certification for the American Market)
In addition to assessing the module itself following the indications of previous point EN IEC 61215/EN IEC 61730 (for European Market), the next points have to be fulfilled:
- Selection and proposal of materials to be used for cabling and electrical inter-connection of the modules. Those cables and materials must fulfill the requirements of the National Electric Code (NEC) for photovoltaic modules (evaluation standards subject 4703 and UL 854).
- Selection and proposal of polymeric materials (substrates, encapsulants, adhesives, potting materials, sealants) categorized as photovoltaic polymeric materials (evaluation standards UL94; UL 746 A, B, C ; UL 1703; Subject 5703).
- Selection and proposal of junction boxes and connectors that fulfill the requirements for being used in photovoltaic modules according to evaluation standards UL 1703; UL 1977; UL 746C.
Selection and components qualification
Based on the extensive knowledge of the safety regulations applicable to the design and manufacture of pv modules, contact with a wide range of suppliers and deep knowledge of their materials and components, as well as the availability of the required equipment in our laboratory for conducting the necessary tests, Aurinka team will:
Provide the Bill Of Materials that make up the product, meeting the requirements of EN IEC 61730 and/or UL 1703 standards and any other related legal regulation or customer request.
Perform the evaluation and approval of suppliers, as well as the corresponding tests of the supplied material samples.
Identify and evaluate alternative suppliers and materials.